Work Methodology Procedure for installation of Dry-Walls.
1. Partition layouts should be marked accurately by qualified personnel from control point based on approve drawings. Always check individual measurement against over all site dimension.
1. Coordinate /Submit Inspection Request for the approval of Lay out.
2. Align the top and bottom tracks of the partition accurately according to the plan layout. Attach at ceiling and floor to structural elements.
3. Use suitable fasteners for anchoring the partition wall to the floor or ceiling at base and head. Locate fasteners at 50mm from each end. Space at maximum 600mm centers along each track.
4. Cut studs 16mm short of the floor-to-ceiling height to allow a 16mm expansion gap at top.
5. Allowance should be made for possible deflection of floor structure over walls.
6. Spacing of Vertical Studs and Horizontal tracks are @ 400mm x 2400mm respectively.
Application of Insulation and Ficem Board
1. Insulation & Ficem board shall be installed once all embedment inside drywalls are installed.
2. Coordinate /Submit Closure Request for approval prior to installation of Ficem board.
3. Install Gypsum Board tapering all edges where required.
4. Install Insulation then Install Ficem Board.
Fixing Method Single Layer Application
Providing no deflection requirement exists, cut Ficem to provide full length of Ficem Sheets Vertically. Taper all edges & allow 3mm maximum gap at floor and ceiling.
1. Screw-fasten Ficem Board vertically to studs edge and on intermediate studs, centering abutting edge on studs flanges. Sheets should be installed by advancing in the direction of the stud web.
2. Where one layer only is to be applied, screws should be minimum 20mm long. Space at 200mm centers on sheet edge and 300mm centers on intermediate studs. Fasten screws approximately 10-16mm from sheet edges.
1. Finish all joints and internal angles with appropriate Ficem Board jointing system comprising paper tape and jointing compound.
2. Apply putty to all external face of Ficem board. Lightly sand to smooth the surface.
Installation of Installations
1. See to it that all necessary embeds to ficem wall are already installed prior to installation of Insulations.
2. Install insulation alongside with the width of studs with extra 3mm length both direction to insure the tightness of insulations.
Storage and Handling
Store materials inside under cover and keep them dry and protected against damage from weather, condensation, direct sunlight, construction traffic, and other causes. Stock materials flat and on horizontal direction to prevent form sagging.