Work Methodology for Installation of Service Water Piping above ground
• All documents relevant to this particular section of work shall be check prior to installation.
• Check the areas if ready for the installation and free from any debris and unsafe condition.
• Ensure that the pipes and pipe fittings to be installed are clean and free of debris and foreign materials and suitable for installations.
Sequence of Works
Works will be performed in the following sequence:
• Coordination of work with other departments including civil, mechanical and safety.
• Shifting of required materials to work place.
• Installation of aboveground piping.
• Pipes shall be transported to the place it will be arranged. Threading of the pipes will be made-up on the fabrication area.
• The pipes will be carried and installed to aboveground area manually, by chain block and/or by using mobile crane. Scaffoldings will be required as level of working area increased from the ground area.
• By means of string and chalk lines, the actual pipe layout will be identified to determine the exact cutting of pipes and exact location of installation. It shall conform to the coordinates of the approved shop drawing.
• Sleeper’s foundation shall be provided by civil works. (Refer to the Sleepers Foundation Detail)
• Pipe support shall be installed at typically 3000mm spacing along the pipe lines.
• Pipe joint will be threaded connections and fittings as per ASME Code. Fittings should be free from rust, or other foreign materials.
• Provide Teflon tape for the threaded joint of pipes and fittings.
• If the entire pipes follow the approved coordinates and levels, proceed with the fixing of pipes.
• Plugs shall be installed in all branches. The plugs shall be installed during construction when the pipe installation is partially complete.
• Aboveground piping subjected to working pressure shall be hydrostatically tested (One time testing for every loop). (Refer to MS for Hydro Testing)
• Line shall be coated with oxide primer for up to 2 coats and will be finally coated with paint as per pipes colour coding.
• Final coat/painting appearance shall be uniform, free from brush marks, lapse/missed areas, sags, blisters and scratches.